Taiga Building Products – Nanaimo, BC is looking for a Forklift Operator/Material handler which is a full time position with shift hours being 7am- 3:30pm from Monday through Friday.
The successful candidates must show experience in the lumber and building product industry as well as motivation in a production environment and be willing to go the extra mile when needed.
- Loading and unloading building materials on flat deck trucks and vans in a safe and efficient manner.
- Accurately picking and staging customer orders.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and truck drivers.
- Double checking loads before they leave the yard.
- Entering accurate information into BisTrack computer system and printing documents.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Skills and qualifications.
- Forklift Certificate
- Forklift experience loading and unloading flat decks and vans
- Lumber or Building materials experience is an asset
- Safety focused
- Can Do Attitude
- Customer Focused Team Player
- Solid working knowledge of computers and the capacity to learn new programs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Work indoors and outdoors in all weather
- Good track record of attendance
- Working knowledge of RF Scanners in a WMS environment is an asset
- Knowledge of building materials is an asset
- Focused on maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 50 year track record of dependable service to the retail and industrial building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. Taiga supports and encourages sound forest practices and the effective management of the forest resource for future generations to enjoy. We are a public company, listed on the TSX.
How to apply?
E-mail your resume to email@example.com NOW
Why work for Taiga?
Equal opportunity employer, leading wholesale distributor of building products within North America and overseas! Check us out at www.taigabuilding.com
Application Deadline: April 27, 2023
Posting date: March 23, 2023
Prov/State: British Columbia
Taiga application: Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Nanaimo)
"*" indicates required fields