Taiga Building Products – Milton has a FULL-TIME, Permanent opportunity available, reporting to the Sales Manager. The primary focus of this position is for an energetic, hard-working, and ambitious person looking to join our dynamic team! Your responsibility will be to optimize sales opportunities through outbound sales calls following the sales process through to delivery. This individual will build and manage relationships with our customers by providing world class service and products. In addition, you will lead selected product categories driving sales through proper inventory management and collaborative targets and market strategies. Working with your Taiga teammates you will learn and be confident in all aspects of our business. This person will have the opportunity to wear many hats within our organization, growing skills in many different facets. Become a vital part of the Taiga Milton team by fully participating in a creative, collaborative environment where fresh and innovative ideas are welcome.
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 50-year track record of dependable service to the retail and industrial, building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. Taiga supports and encourages sound forest practices and the effective management of the forest resource for future generations to enjoy. We are a public company, listed on the TSX and were awarded winner of 2014 Canada’s Top 50 Small and Medium Employers.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Creating sales, complete the order process which includes offering pricing and terms according to established margins and generating sales orders.
• Ensures customers are provided with accurate pricing, inventory, and delivery information.
• Prepares quotations and process orders on behalf of other sales staff when needed.
• Responds to customers’ requests and inquiries in a timely manner, including advising customers on detailed product knowledge.
• Managing product lines within the branch, including managing inventory, pricing, product knowledge training, attending national calls, and being accountable for turns and earns.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES:
• A fast-paced supportive culture that celebrates success and encourages individual growth.
• Significant growth potential within the organization.
• Opportunity to network, develop relationships and partner on projects with Taiga team members from coast to coast.
• Learn from an experienced team to develop knowledge in a wide range of building materials, commodity markets and all other aspects of our business.
• Opportunity to work with and learn from a diverse group of colleagues across Canada.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Passionate about growth, success, and continual learning
• Have business-to-business sales experience
• Self-motivated proactive attitude with a strong work ethic
• Forward thinking mindset to engage new ideas and concepts
• Technologically skilled, proficient at putting technology to work
• A great communicator with solid people skills and the ability to build long term relationships
• Disciplined and able to stay organized in a fast-paced business
• Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge or experience managing products an asset
• Have a competitive desire to succeed
• We offer a competitive salary
• Complete benefit package
• Paid vacation and sick time
• RRSP match
• Paid training
• Scholarships available
Application Deadline: September 16, 2023
Posting date: August 1, 2023
Taiga application: Inside Sales Representative – Milton
"*" indicates required fields