Taiga Building Products, Canada’s largest wholesale distributor of building products is looking for IT Support staff which is a full-time opportunity to join at Taiga’s Milton branch immediately. An ideal candidate would be self-driven and work with minimal supervision, as well as able to prioritize tasks and issues as they are received and complete them in a timely manner.
IT Support is responsible for tracking, prioritizing, and escalating support requests received from Taiga employees via email and company web portal. The successful candidate will provide direct desktop technical support for all Taiga employees. This includes, but is not limited to, resolving all desktop software, hardware, and connectivity related issues.
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 50-year track record of dependable service to the retail and industrial, building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. Taiga supports and encourages sound forest practices and the effective management of the forest resource for future generations to enjoy. We are a public company, listed on the TSX and were awarded winner of 2014 Canada’s Top 50 Small and Medium Employers.
- Install, configure, support all desktop, laptop, and printer hardware and applications.
- Support remote access infrastructure, including, VPN and mobile devices.
- Maintain and improve customer services efforts.
- Manage and triage support requests through multiple ticketing systems.
- Provide end-user training when required.
- Manage users in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Assisting in IT Infrastructure projects (hardware/system deployments).
- Documenting tasks and solutions to add to existing knowledge base.
- Five years’ experience in an IT support environment (hardware, software, remote support).
- University Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent training.
- In depth knowledge of Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of Networking Principles.
- Working Knowledge of Windows Domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications.
- Experience supporting applications such as Microsoft Teams and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Autopilot and and/or Intune.
- We offer a competitive salary
- Complete benefit package
- Dental Care
- Paid vacation and sick time
- RRSP match
- Paid training
- Scholarships available
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are a self-starter with the above attributes and the desire to grow within our company, we would like to talk to you. Please submit your resume with your salary expectation. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHY WORK FOR TAIGA?
Equal opportunity employer, leading wholesale distributor of building products within North America and overseas! Check us out at www.taigabuilding.com.
Posting date: July 6, 2023
Taiga application: IT Support – Milton
"*" indicates required fields