Taiga Building Products — We have a FULL-TIME, PERMANENT opportunity in our Kelowna branch for a Commodity Trader. As a key member of the Commodity team, the Trader will report to Branch Manager. We are looking for a competitive, entrepreneurial, assertive and professional team player to join our team.
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 50-year history of dependable service to the retail and industrial, building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. We are a public company, listed on the TSX and were awarded winner of 2014 Canada’s Top 50 Small and Medium Employers.
- Being extremely competitive, a visionary in their select market and area of expertise
- Establish, grow and maintain close and effective relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Market penetration through existing contacts and assertive and quickly develop new contacts
- Have the product / industry knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for customers, (alternative more economical / efficient products to suit their needs)
- Ability to work with branches and procurement to enhance synergies.
- Customer service with product information and after-sales service (shipping information/tally revisions/claim processing)
- Strong personality for dealing with difficult situation
- Nimble in the approach, “outside the box thinking”
- Prepare various internal paperwork and reports
- Proven track record of targeting and growing accounts
- Attend periodic meetings and trade shows as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Preferred – 3-5 years Lumber trading and/or buying experience
- Proven record delivering superior customer service
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Able to meet and exceed performance targets
- Inventory – Ability to manage inventory turnover and aged inventory.
- Full Cycle Accountability – Responsible for the whole cycle of sales including claims and inventory management.
- Considerable experience making profit-based decisions based on the weight of all factors
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and polished in appearance
- Annual salary: $60K-$85K, based on experience.
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Regular Shift Timing: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Kelowna Branch: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
HOW TO APPLY?
Apply with your cover letter, resume and salary expectation referencing “Commodity Trader” to email@example.com . Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHY WORK FOR TAIGA?
Equal opportunity employer, leading wholesale distributor of building products within North America and overseas! Check us out at www.taigabuilding.com
Posting date: January 23, 2024
Prov/State: British Columbia
Taiga application: Commodity Trader
"*" indicates required fields