Taiga Building Products — We have a FULL-TIME, PERMANENT opportunity in our Burnaby branch for a Logistic Coordinator.
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 50-year track record of dependable service to the retail and industrial, building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. We are a public company, listed on the TSX and were awarded winner of 2014 Canada’s Top 50 Small and Medium Employers.
This person would be a member of the Logistics Team with the responsibility to successfully implement Taiga’s Logistics needs and functions, including but not limited to:
- Assess internal Taiga freight requirements to negotiate competitive market rates and secure reliable freight services.
- Coordination of inbound and outbound material using in-house systems (bisTrack and a live freight board system).
- Follow up on the status of booked loads.
- Staying current with industry trends that will influence the supply, demand and cost related to Taiga’s freight requirements.
- Review and process freight and custom invoices efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to create Customs documentation for cross border freight movements.
- Interact with railways and represent the interests of Taiga’s rail serviced operations.
- Interact with suppliers, carriers and Taiga operations to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment
- Liaison between Taiga’s accounts payable and truck companies’ accounts receivables.
- Knowledge – understanding various modes of transportation and logistics processes; basic accounting skills
- Flexibility – able to prioritize tasks
- Good communication skills – verbal and written; ability to resolve Logistics issues promptly
- Initiative: assess situations and proactively initiate action independently
- Resourcefulness: find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties
- Assertiveness: able to successfully manage confrontation and take a competitive approach to managing Taiga’s freight expenses
- Multitasking: Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with flat deck/open deck transportation mode is an asset
Dimensions of Performance Evaluation:
- Safety Record
- Freight Expenses
- Employee Survey results
- Salary – $55,000 to $65,000
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Regular Shift Timing: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Burnaby Branch: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
HOW TO APPLY?
Apply with your cover letter, resume and salary expectation referencing “Logistics Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHY WORK FOR TAIGA?
Equal opportunity employer, leading wholesale distributor of building products within North America and overseas! Check us out at www.taigabuilding.com
Posting date: January 8, 2024
Prov/State: British Columbia
Taiga application: Logistics Coordinator
"*" indicates required fields