Taiga Building Products — Milton has a FULL-TIME, PERMANENT opening for a Forklift Operator to join our Milton yard.
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 50-year track record of dependable service to the retail and industrial, building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. Taiga supports and encourages sound forest practices and the effective management of the forest resource for future generations to enjoy. We are a public company, listed on the TSX and were awarded winner of 2014 Canada’s Top 50 Small and Medium Employers.
- Loading and unloading building materials on flat deck trucks and vans in a safe and efficient manner.
- Accurately picking and staging customer orders.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and truck drivers.
- Double checking loads before they leave the yard.
- Entering accurate information into BisTrack computer system and printing documents.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Work with Operations, Sales, and Administration to ensure optimal team performance.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Safety focused
- Can Do Attitude
- Customer Focused Team Player
- Forklift experience loading and unloading flat decks and vans
- Solid working knowledge of computers and the capacity to learn new programs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Work indoors and outdoors in all weather
- Good track record of attendance
- Working knowledge of RF Scanners in a WMS environment is an asset
- Knowledge of building materials is an asset
- Focused on maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- We offer a competitive salary
- Complete benefit package
- Paid vacation and sick time
- RRSP match
- Paid training
- Scholarships available
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are a self-starter with the above attributes and the desire to grow within our company, we would like to talk to you. Please submit your resume with your salary expectation. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHY WORK FOR TAIGA?
Equal opportunity employer, leading wholesale distributor of building products within North America and overseas! Check us out at www.taigabuilding.com.
Posting date: May 9, 2023
Taiga application: Forklift Operator – Milton
"*" indicates required fields